An in-depth analysis of the previous Master Plan's goals can be found here. They are summarized below.
- Preserve the County's quality rural character, including farms, natural features, and small-town charm
- Strengthen existing cities, villages, and hamlets as community centers for living, working, and recreating
- Provide quality public services (water, sewer, public safety, transportation) cost-effectively
- Provide and sustain economic opportunities by retaining, attracting, and growing quality employers (ag, industrial, and commercial)
- Provide high quality of life opportunities for the enjoyment of all generations
- Provide quality educational opportunities and experiences for all residents (birth to adulthood)
- Continue and strengthen quality community collaboration to promote sustainable planning practices